Friday, November 9, 2007

Grape Salad

Being in the position I am in at work I come across about 2-3 new recipes a day. I am always looking for something new to try so I told my salad lady when she comes across a new recipe to let me know. Well she made one the other day and I LOVED IT! I know that a lot of people might not like this certain one because it is very sweet but very good. The other night when I made it Trevor was all about helping so as you can see he read me the recipe and I added the ingredients!

1-8oz Cream Cheese---softened
1-Cup (8oz) Sour Cream
1/3 Cup Sugar
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
2 Pounds Seedless Green Grapes
2 Pounds Seedless Red Grapes
3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoons Chopped Pecans

In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract until blended. Add grapes and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans just before serving. Yield 21-24 Servings

Unless you are cooking for an army you will have to cut the recipe in half and when I made it I added just a little more sugar, they say you add to taste because some people might like it sweeter.

This just may be a recipe I will bring to Thanksgiving dinner??

1 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds great! Bring some for Christmas because I won't be there at Thanksgiving.

Thanks for visiting Healy Happenings and come back soon!