Friday, November 30, 2007

Wallpaper

So how many people have had to take down wallpaper before?? Let me tell you it is not a fun job to do! We have started phase 2 at our house which is the basement.....it is all finished with new carpet it just needs some updating and love. The living room has wallpaper border so I am trying to get it off so I can start to paint and then we can move furniture in.

Well the purpose of this post is to talk about wallpaper. I have never really had to deal with it except for when I put it up but never have had to take it down. I am more of a person who likes to experiment with different ingredients to get it to come off rather then spending $50 at the store. So my mom told me the recipe she used and it is a spray bottle with water and fabric softener in it. Spray it on heavy and scrap or peel off. Guess what??? It worked, thanks mom! Not only did it work but the room smells good while I am working. The other recipe I know of is something with vinegar....yuck just the smell would make me pass out.

More curious then anything but how many other techniques are out there? Do you know of any?

1 Comments:

Jennifer said...

I don't know of any, but I think it's funny that you've only put up wallpaper and never had to take it down! Now will you think twice before putting up wallpaper? You might be the one to take it down! ;)

Thanks for visiting Healy Happenings and come back soon!