Well we have now been in our new house for 3 weeks and I have developed a list of likes and dislikes. First I will start with the dislikes:
- Hardwood floor is very noisy to walk on compared to carpet
- Garage not attached to the house but very close
- Being able to hear the train go through town (although Trevor loves it, he goes nuts)
- Old dishwasher is very noisy (I can eventually fix this)
Now I will move to the likes:
- Love the central location (blocks away from Hy-Vee and Wal-Mart)
- Love our long driveway--our old house did not have much of a driveway and was right in front of the house, I hated that
- Love the mailbox attached to the house (very convenient)
- Love 3 bedrooms on the ML
- Love the sliding closet doors as opposed to the bi-fold doors
- Love the hardwood floors, much more easier to clean and then I suddenly realized how dirty carpet actually gets....YUCK
- Love the pantry in our kitchen.....do you know how much stuff you can fit into a pantry?
- Love that our back door comes into our kitchen. We have never had a back door just a front entry.
- Love the small heat and utility bill
- Love that the laundry room is downstairs otherwise it gets too noisy
- Love having a medicine cabinet....we have never had one of these (very convenient to keep Trevor out of)
- Love all the closet space.....our last house being new construction did not any closet space this house has tons! Who would of thought?
- Love having a back yard and a front yard.....our last house the back yard was soooo small
- Love having bushes so our yard is private and not wide open like our last house
- Love having a storage shed
- Love having 2 garage doors and not just one
I could keep going on about the positives but I am sure you would all get very bord. As you can see my likes out weight the dislikes by a long shot, we LOVE our new home! I can not wait to decorate with Christmas lights, Jon has already commented on this. Our last house was impossible to put lights on being so high but now it will be no problem.