Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Recap

Wow what a weekend we had. First of all I will start with Saturday. I had to work because it was SDSU graduation and so Jon went hunting and Trevor spent a few hours with my parents. Grandpa Dirk took him on his first ice fishing trip and Trevor played in the minnow bucket the whole time because there were fish in there according to him. Jon got his limit of birds in 20 minutes so they ate lunch in Hendricks and headed for home.
I worked all day catering for the graduation and I was in charge of helping set-up for the President's lunch. He met with our catering director and informed her that we are catering for a division 1 school so all of his lunch's should be top notch. Just to give you an idea of what this means, the director ordered 6 table clothes for the party and alone they were $400 plus the flowers and everything else. I took pictures so you could see how nice things looked.

All tables included Presidential china (we even polished the silverware)


The Menu if you can read it


You would think that after hearing all of this that Saturday was over but you are wrong. Saturday night was Jon's work Christmas party at the Ram Pub so Dennis and Diane were very nice and willing to babysit Trevor, THANK YOU!! Trevor had a great time with you he especially liked the 2 hour bath!

Sunday we headed to Sioux Falls to finish our Christmas shopping and boy was that a bad idea, it was nuts!!! Jon and Trevor stayed at Scheels the whole time while I went wild and hit every store possible to finish up. Then Sunday afternoon we went to my aunt and uncle's house for their Christmas party. They do it every year and everyone brings a $10 gift and we play and game so we each end up with one present. It was a lot of fun, Trevor especially thought it was fun because he played with all the cousins and helped everyone unwrap their gift. Total there was about 42 adults and 10 kids 10 and under, it was wild one. This was only about 1/4 of our family so if you think that is a lot of people you wait until you see the Christmas photos I take on Christmas Day. I took some photos to share so I hope you enjoy them!!

Trevor, Grandpa Dirk and Baby Lacie who is 5 months


One of my cousins brought this hat and Trevor thought he would give it a try

Not a seat in the house


Trevor playing with his new 4 wheeler that Santa brought

Grandma got a very cute present

Brittany got a new hat


Trevor is unwrapping Uncle Greg's present for him

Helping Grandpa Dirk

2 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pics - looks like fun!

Your SDSU event - the tables look great and I'm sure it was wonderful. But I have to comment on the "Division I" thing (this is not directed at you, of course).

Why is it that the prestige factor of a university is tied to sports? The only thing that sports do is generate money, which of course a university needs, but they do not add a single other thing to the quality of the school.

In fact, I think that as sports become more important, the quality of student life - and perhaps even academics - decline. I like sports, but I see SDSU changing and not in a good way.

OK, that's my rant for the day. :)

Amber said...

I agree with you, I think that what we did before all of this fancy stuff was really nice. The service has changed because he is making us serve all the beverages and Peggy Miller just wanted everything on the table so everyone could help themselves.

Just because we are division 1 in sports does not mean everything else has to be great and compared to Division 1.

Thanks for the comment Mert!

Thanks for visiting Healy Happenings and come back soon!